Junior Division (Grades 7–9)
- The Orthodox Church honors the Virgin Mary as the Theotokos. Discuss the role she plays in the Church and as a role model for all Christians.
- Christ and many Church Fathers often criticized the wealthy. Do Christians need to live a life of poverty? Is it a sin to live a comfortable life?
- “Lord have mercy” is the most repeated phrase in the Divine Liturgy. What does it mean to truly have mercy?
- “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God” (Matthew 4:4; Deuteronomy 8:3). Discuss the importance of reading Scripture in your life.
- The theme of the upcoming 2020 Clergy–Laity Congress is “the greatest of these is love” (1 Corinthians 13:13). Discuss the way St. Paul defines love in this important chapter of the Bible.
Senior Division (Grades 10–12)
- Discuss how the separation of church and state benefits us as Orthodox Christians in the United States.
- In his enthronement address, Archbishop Elpidophoros said, “We are all deacons.” Discuss the importance of being a deacon – a servant – in the Church.
- Discuss the significance of Constantinople in Church history and the struggles Orthodox Christians in Constantinople face today.
- How have modern-day saints from the past 100 years, from St. Nektarios to St. Paisios and others, helped Orthodox Christians live their lives today?
- “Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares” (Hebrews 13:2). How might Orthodox Christians put this command into practice?
This year, Holy Trinity in Tulsa, OK will host the metropolis finals. The winners at the Metropolis level will proceed to the Archdiocese finals.
March 27-29 2020 Tulsa Ok - Holy Trinity
1222 S Guthrie Ave, Tulsa, OK 74119
The archdiocese finals will be held in our metropolis this year at St Spyridon Church in Loveland, CO.
June 12-14 2020 Loveland CO - St Spyridon
807 W 29th St, Loveland, CO 80538